My story? Well thats a long one. Lets just say I was born and raised in the top agriculture state in the nation; the golden state of California. Everyone knew everyone in my hometown, and the tallest building was the feed and grain. I picked up everything I've ever known after I graduated my high school of 700 people, and moved 900 miles away to Logan, Utah. Ever since I've been relentlessly chasing my dreams, completing internships and getting on every radio station I can find an empty mic at.

Friday, January 27, 2017

The wagon is rollin', guys!!

Well I did my shadowing and just heard the other day I'm good to do my trial show! I got to look at the schedule and request my day and time (which will be released once confirmed.) If all goes well with the trial, then we get this wagon rollin' and by the next week I will be the official host of the Calamity Jane Kind of Fame country show!
To tell you guys about what its about, I first must tell you about me. I was born and raised in a small town hidden within the central coast of California. When I mean small, I mean that the owner of the feed and grain called my dad one day to tell him I was wearing too short of shorts to school. The kind of town that you get in trouble for speeding because Loretta down the road told my mom I was. I came from the kind of town that even if it isn't by blood, you might as well be family.
Everyone knew when I pulled up to school because I was the only blonde girl driving a 96 GMC Sierra, with a 454 engine and 4 wheel drive; and everyone knew I bought it myself because everyone saw me sell my wood shop project for $5,000. Might I add, my math teacher bought it.
I named my show Calamity Jane Kind of Fame because of who Calamity Jane was as a woman in the wild west. She once said, "I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one." Not only was that quote my senior quote in the yearbook, since the day I was born I've been a legend. Maybe it was because I pushed Avery Shannon off the playground in preschool, or got away with cutting a chunk of my hair out with Cynthea Rendon. Maybe it was because me and my sister got in a fist fight at the Rec-center with Melissa Rylee. Or because no matter where you were in Templeton, you knew the name La Rue. That could have been because my dad served 16 years on the school board, or that my parents put 5 kids through the same high school. I can't tell you how many teachers read my name out and said, "you're a La Rue, like Cammie La Rue? Charlie La Rue? Carrie La Rue? Cierra La Rue?" I'd nod my head as the other kids stared in disbelief. I, from the day I was born, was a legend. Thanks to my family name, and maybe because I made friends with every auctioneer I met because chances are, it's Rick Machado at the Mid-State Fair project auction , the Templeton project auction, the MSF live animal auction, King City fair auction, or something else.
My town is the kind of town you hear about in every country song. So, for my first show, I will be dedicating every song to Templeton, my hometown.
I'm so stoked to show my Aggie family what this gal is about! Make sure to be paying attention for when I release my day and time! WOO I get my own live radio show!!
If you want to know more about Calamity Jane, click on the link on the right hand side of the blog. I gave Calamity her own page.

Corryn La Rue





No comments:

Post a Comment